The client is a leading SaaS-based insurance platform provider headquartered in the US. They offer ready-to-use, fully configurable insurance process management solutions running in the cloud, enabling quick and easy deployment, at an affordable cost. The client’s cloud-based platform simplifies the entire insurance life-cycle by providing a comprehensive list of services, including form generation, content management, business intelligence, analytics, reinsurance, and distribution management.
As a relatively new entrant in the insurance solution space, the client was focusing primarily on cloud-based product development. With the product getting market-ready, they were on the lookout for a technology partner who could work collaboratively with their IT team, in addition to taking over the development and QA initiatives of the product. The key objectives were to enable the client to scale quickly and cost effectively for developing and maintaining the cloud-based product and implement the platform across multiple customers.
Experion as Technology partner
Experion was chosen as the technology partner to support the client’s cloud-based product development, maintenance and support initiatives, after a stringent selection process. The evaluation was based on multiple criteria including technology competence, team ability to scale, in addition to management and project experience.
Experion’s team of experts underwent exhaustive training program to gain a good understanding of the client’s software development platform. Sessions with the client side subject matter experts were also conducted. In addition, a periodic evaluation was carried out internally to identify gaps. Upon successful completion of the knowledge transfer, work started on selected modules of the client’s product suite. To ensure effective communication, the Experion team conducted daily client calls and provided periodic updates to the client team. Open discussions & feedback provided during this phase helped build trust of the client. Senior resources travelled to the client headquarters to understand the technical environment in detail. This resulted in closer interaction and better confidence of the client in the overall engagement. The QA team prepared close to 10,000 test cases across the various modules in the product. The test case suite was aimed at enabling the client to ensure quality of the product during each implementation. In addition, a strong team having expertise in Java, QA and technical writing were formulated for the client.
- Implementation of client solution for multiple customers (in multi-year contracts)
- Detailed test suite instrumental in testing application effectively for all releases
- Selenium automation base enabled automation testing of key functionalities/modules
- Automation increased testing efficiency and quality by reducing human errors & effort
- Critical product quality issues were identified, enhancing quality of offerings
- Porting database from MySQL to SQL Server completed, where database had 300+ tables
- Volume database scripts helped fine tune performance as part of end customer implementations
- Implementation of key integration points such as BuildFax, ISO Location, Risk Meter achieved