Our customer is a state port authority in South America.
The client had been confronted with rising operational costs in spite of a near-flat revenue growth. It was found that mounting manpower costs and semi-manual processes were crippling operations, creating dissatisfied customers. Moreover, technology enablement was in disconnected islands, and in-house expertise was inadequate to support even the existing disparate systems.
Experion maritime experts enagaged with the customer team to re-engineer their business
processes. Our team configured xPort®, deploying web and mobile components. Cloud deployment
helped the customer move beyond the ageing in-house IT infrastructure.
- xPort® helped the client senior management team gain an integrated view of the
entire operations in near real time.
- The integrated approach helped reduce administrative cost of operations by 30% within a period of 3 months from deployment
- Optimized planning of berth/yard services helped increase capacity utilization by 20%
- Field users could access xPort® using low cost tablets at locations such as the wharf & gates that helped avoid expensive handheld devices reducing the deployment cost of mobile hardware substantially
- Today the port runs fully on cloud and is poised to grow on xPort® with practically no additional IT infrastructure demands.