The client, Lifeline 360, is a US-based digital health start-up founded by a team of senior healthcare practitioners. The company provides web and mobile-based solutions for healthcare organizations to manage their business processes and interactions with patients and other patient care entities.
Considering the new healthcare regulations introduced by the US Government that would monitor readmission rates at hospitals, the client wanted to develop a solution that would help hospitals improve their post-hospitalization care. The regulations made it imperative for hospitals to provide superior patient care during hospitalization and especially during the post-hospitalization phase.
To facilitate superior care and to reduce readmission rates, especially during the first 30 days after discharge, Lifeline 360 wanted to introduce a suite of mobile and web applications that would facilitate easy and effective interactions between hospital staff and patients.
Experion was selected by the client as the technology partner for developing the Lifeline 360 platform based on Experion’s expertise in web and mobile application development as well as the company’s experience in the digital health domain.
As the solution was a unique concept in the domain, most of the business processes to be defined from scratch. Experion dedicated the initial three to four weeks of the project to conducting extensive discussions with the client and other domain experts. The business processes were captured as user stories and documented in detail by business analysts. Parallelly, UI/ UX experts created wireframes and UI designs for the application. Special care was taken to design user interactions, considering the healthcare practitioner and patient user personas.
The development of the application commenced once the user stories and UI designs were signed off by the client. The platform was architected for high availability and performance, along with healthcare security standards as mandated by HIPAA.
With the launch of the digital health platform patients and caregivers are able to easily and effectively communicate with each other (hospital staff, home healthcare agencies, etc.). The patient details stored on the platform are secured using industry-standard protocols and encryption mechanisms. Other than direct communication using chat, audio, and video facilities, the platform helps care providers and patients to keep track of their medication schedules, follow-up hospital bookings, and their general well-being during the post-hospitalization recovery period.
- The Lifeline 360 platform provides a cost-effective and convenient way for hospitals to comply with government regulations related to post-hospitalization care
- Multiple user profiles are available to support various healthcare entities such as hospital staff, pharmacists, home health nurses, primary care physicians, etc.
- The application is secure and multilingual, with HIPAA-compliant data protection standards
- Provides a direct connection for patients with healthcare specialists in case of a need for further consultation
- The mobile application helps patients stay organized during the critical period of post-hospitalization care with reminders and notifications
- Yii Framework