Experience: 5-10 years
- Strong knowledge of Universe/Unidata and/or Pick/Basic programming languages and environments
- Universe/Unidata/Pick application development including triage, design, coding, and unit testing
- Direct involvement in new development, design, analysis, and production support
- Participation in all phases of the development and system support life cycle
- Works directly with business partners and other I/T team members to understand desired system requirements and to deliver effective solutions within the Agile/waterfall methodology
- Perform code reviews within scrum teams to approve for Production deployment
- Conduct research to identify new solutions and methods to fulfill diverse and evolving business needs
- Identify and drive process improvement opportunities
- Maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with delivery partners and business stakeholders
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Educate, preach and review technology best practices in the team
- Capability to follow industry trends and tools, pilot them and ensure that team can scale up technically to absorb technology best practices over time.
- Ability to work with Technical Architects to define the Solution/Technical Architecture of the application
- Passion to understand the complete business goal of the projects and apply this knowledge during the design and development phases.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand the requirements in detail, comment on the logical/usability gaps if any, analyze the technical feasibility and propose the solution approach
- Ability to identify and split the tasks required for a User Story implementation, thinking from all the technical aspects including the NFRs
- Ability to provide the estimation for the tasks identified for the Stories and be accountable for completing the tasks
- Ability to mentor junior team members, helping them on the technology, sprint task management, code quality etc.
- Readiness to take up initiative for suggesting and implementing the best practices in the areas of respective technology
- To adhere to ISMS policies and procedures
- To report incidents if any non adherence occurs
- To ensure safe custody of assets under his/her responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of Agile development methodology and concepts
- Hands on experience in defect triaging and recommending solution
- Ability to effectively translate between business and technical language
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
- Take full ownership of the tasks, user stories committed by self/team
- Take lead role in managing tasks in a sprint, reviewing the code of team members and ensuring first time quality of code
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Understand the development processes agreed at the organization/client level and ensure that these are followed diligently in the project.
- Actively participate in optimizing and evolving this process for the improvement of project execution.
- Capability to understand user stories, translate that into technical specifications and convert this into working code.
- Follow modern agile based development process including TDD based unit testing and guide the team to follow the same mandatorily