Experience: 14+ years
1. Develops software: Designs and implements new technologies, frameworks, and platform improvements. Subject-matter expert for platforms.
2. Estimates tasks: Estimates and delivers significant projects and initiatives on schedule.
3. Troubleshooting and problem solving: Expert debugging. Read memory dumps, analyze log files for patterns. Very familiar with common problems (memory leaks, deadlocks, etc.) Uses tools to analyze code and look for problems.
4. Project design & execution: Correctly reads and delivers business and technical requirements. Looks for opportunities to group capabilities into frameworks, suggest innovative solutions, and leverages existing technologies. Balances elegant & sophisticated against pragmatic. Strong attention to detail. Sponsors initiatives and is a driver of requirements. Leads complex and significant projects. Plans and manages scope, resources, and schedule.
5. Testing: Expert, builds happy-path and sad-path unit tests. Builds tests that validate key capabilities or fragile code. Builds automated functional and integration tests. Experienced with Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), and other testing methodologies. Creates testing strategy.
6. Document Solutions: Documents solutions clearly by following established templates. Improves existing templates and creates new templates as needed. Drives the strategic development of documentation to improve efficiency and transparency.
7. Governance: Completes all mandatory training and abides by all policies, laws, and guidelines. Champions new and improved policies and procedures. Manages organizational change.
Frontend Development Focus:
- Constructs web page HTML & CSS layout templates for use by UX/UI engineers.
- Works with the team’s graphic designers to obtain usable assets.
- Implements and/or stylizes controls both from scratch and from reference material.
- Maintains CSS application-wide.
- Participates in UI/UX testing.
Backend Development Focus:
- Designs, develops, and delivers solutions that meet business line and enterprise requirements.
- Creates enterprise-grade application services.
- Participates in rapid prototyping and POC development efforts.
- Advances overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
- Assists in efforts to develop and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in iteration and release planning.
- Performs functional and non-functional testing.
- Contributes to overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
- Informs efforts to develop and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on Development with end-to-end ownership
- Attending internal and External Standups
- Discussions with client counterparts.
- Leading a small team if at all required.