Job Role : Senior NodeJS Developer
Work Location : Trivandrum
Experience : 4+ Years
Qualification : B-Tech / MCA
Experion Technologies is looking for a Senior NodeJS Developer, he/she should have at least five to seven years of experience in the design, development, and maintenance of NodeJS applications. Also requires knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in all phases of development of RESTful Web API service. Experience in database design, and development. Experience with both SQL and No SQL databases is desirable. Design and development of authentication and authorization in Web applications. It is desirable that he/she has knowledge of serverless backends, cloud functions, docker, CI/CD pipelines, and cloud infrastructure. Experience in Firebase is desirable. Experience with the Google cloud platform or Amazon Web Services is desirable.
Technical Skills required:
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Strong understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the NodeJS platform. And knowledge of how to overcome the limitations of NodeJS with careful design decisions.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience with relational database backends using ORMs and plain SQL interfaces. Databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL or MariaDB, MS SQL any one of them is desirable.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Experience in one or more NoSQL databases
- Experience in serverless platforms like Firebase
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and
- optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Working knowledge in Docker and dockerizing application environments.
- Working knowledge with UNIX/Linux environments
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Experience and ability to work in a team-based Agile environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as needed
Duties and responsibilities:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of database backends either SQL or NoSQL like PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB, etc.
- Integration of data storage solutions like Amazon S3, Redis
- Troubleshoot problems that may come up with production environments: performance issues, or
- operational issues.
- Development of serverless logics using Cloud functions.
- Development of applications in Firebase
Engineering Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education technical certifications and work experience.
The nature of the client engagement requires constant sync up with the client-side engineers and getting on meetings with client at early/later hours (overlapping US hours) are expected. And the nature of work requires troubleshooting critical issues in a live environment at times and may require extending working hours to solve such problems.