Job Title: Senior Engineer – Business Intelligence
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Kochi
Salary: As per company standards
- 5+ years of relevant hands on work experience in developing and implementing projects related to Business Intelligence in large organizations along with experience in relational databases, SQL, NoSQL, data modelling.
- Experience in data gathering, data analysis, conceptual and logical models, physical data design and dealing with large, complex datasets.
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j.
- Strong background in SQL Server development, with proficiency in Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), stored procedure development and triggers
- Advanced data analysis skills including advanced SQL query capabilities
- Strong Experience with reporting solutions / visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI etc.
- Exposure to cloud computing (AWS, Azure) and Big Data stacks
- Experience in working closely with client stakeholders to develop innovative technical solutions for business cases using various BI tools like Power BI, Azure Data Lake, etc.
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j.
- Hands-on experience in working with major databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Experience with HTML 5, JSON, Web API, Web Services essential
- Experience with MongoDB or other document databases, WCF, WPF, VBA and SharePoint would be a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new applications and features within a scrum team providing data and data services to the enterprise, other engineering teams, data science, analysts, product, management/executives, and other business teams
- Demonstrates expertise in organizing information by developing data dictionary and metadata structures, recommends changes in databases and data warehouse schemas, translates user requirements into data structure and elements, prepares prototypes, mockups, workflow diagrams, and flowcharts.
- Build high performing and scalable data systems to support multiple internal and 3rd party data pipelines and make the data available as soon as possible
- Designing, Developing, Testing, and Deploying Dashboards and Report Solutions.
- Responsible for architecture/design and risk analysis/mitigation on a micro level
- Work with business teams to gather requirements, create technical design documents.
- Performance Tuning, Data Modeling, Data Transformation Specifications, Application Object Creation, Schema Object Creation, BI Tool Administrative Tasks
- Implement new technologies and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers
- Participate in POCs as requested for new related tech versions, toolsets, and solutions both built and bought to prove viability for given business cases
- Participate in planning sessions with key stakeholders to develop use cases and requirements for data driven analytical solutions
- Develop data- and database-oriented solutions in order to solve complex business problems leading to data-driven decision making
- Work on solution-based, outcome-oriented projects with a highly skilled team
- Work in a fast-paced, agile project environment with small, focused teams
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Data Virtualization (Tableau, Qlik, Micorsoft BI, Spotfire)
- Database (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, DB2, MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB)
- ETL/Analysis Tools (MS SSIS, SSRS, SSAR, Informatica)
- Data Modeling (Erwin)
- Programming Language (Python, Java, Ruby, Pearl)
- Operating Systems (Windows, Unix/Linux)
- Project Management Tools (Jira, Basecamp, GIThub, SVN)
- Excellent English language communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to facilitate change management with teams.
- Experience in the full project delivery life cycles
- Good team player