Experience: 7 – 10 Years
- Excellent exposure to AWS ecosystem and services, solid understanding and experience setting up and managing AWS infrastructure and services(EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, Security groups, VPN, etc.)
- Proficiency in networking and network security e.g. SSL/TLS certificates, VPN IPSec tunnels
- Knowledgeable of web/application servers and load balancers such as Amazon ELB, Tomcat, Nginx, Apache HTTP Server, etc.
- Extensive experience with designing and managing AWS security using IAM
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices, and experience in setting up a CI/CD to speed up software development and deployment process, using Jenkins, GitHub, plugins, etc.
- Solid experience with build and SCM tools – Maven, Gradle, XCode/XCtools, Ant, Git, Jira, Sonarcube
- Sound knowledge on containerization concepts, Docker and Kubernetes, and good working knowledge on various Kubernetes environments (standalone clusters and managed Kubernetes services like EKS, AKS).
- Good knowledge of Monitoring/Observability tools and processes inclusive CloudWatch, ELK stack, CloudTrail, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus. Infra monitoring using Nagios or Zabbix
- Experience with Terraform, some other infrastructure-as-code system
- Experience with Linux administration, automated deployments, Bash scripting, and/or Python
- Exposure to microservice architecture, experience with API gateway, Active Directory, Blue/Green deployments, Canary deployments is desirable
- Experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
- Proficiency in at least one language from our stack: Python, Node, Java, Scala
- Prior experience with on-prem to AWS is definitely a plus
- Understanding of Agile principles and experience participating in scrums and agile processes
- Solid git experience – essential, Bitbucket – a plus
- Bash experience – essential, Groovy DSL – a plus (scripting skills)
- Network and security experience – essential for DevSecOps (shift-left development)
Duties and responsibilities
- Understand the current application infrastructure and suggest changes to it.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Migrate our infrastructure with zero downtime to a highly available, scalable one.
- Set up a monitoring stack.
- Implement the application’s CI/CD pipeline.
- Write infrastructure as code using CloudFormation or similar
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education technical certifications.
The nature of the client engagement requires constant sync up with the client-side engineers and getting on meetings with the client at early/later hours (overlapping US hours) are expected. And the nature of work requires troubleshooting critical issues in a live environment at times and may require extending working hours to solve such problems.
Note: Immediate joiners preferred