- Excellent communication skills – Should be able to interface with the client, discuss business requirements with different stakeholders of the project. Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills.
- Analysis Skills – Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. Should be able to analyze business problems faced by the client and suggest solutions for the problem. Ability to go into details, and extract specific details regarding functional requirements.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new business workflows by analyzing requirements; constructing business process flow diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Documentation Skill – Should be an expert in eliciting, understanding and documenting the requirements gathered from the client in a detailed manner. Essential to have knowledge in preparing business process flowcharts using tools. Knowledge in preparing Functional, Business and System Requirement Specification documentation. Knowledge in creating wireframes using prototyping or wireframing tools are important.
- Capability to interface with Software Development Team, Quality Control / Testing Team, UI design teams to cover all aspects in the Requirement Specification Documentation.
- Testing Skill – Experience in preparation of Business Scenario Test Cases and actual manual testing of business applications. Must have managed User Acceptance Testing and taken a system live.
- Client Testing Assistance– Should be able to perform the User Acceptance testing assistance.
- Working knowledge on Database management systems. Ability to write queries and work with the back-end data.
- Basic Technical knowledge about IT applications is desirable.
- Experience in developing user documentation, providing business support and in training users. Should have good presentation skills.
- Willingness to Travel to client sites (overseas/domestic) for short – medium duration (1 week to 2 months).
- Experience in Agile Methodology.
- Exposure in pre-sales is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Go through the documents shared by the client and create the question tracker and feature list for all the activities (BA, Dev effort, Testing Effort etc.)
- Guide and manage a team of Junior BAs
- Create Requirement Elicitation Workplan/ Work schedules
- Co-ordinate with the pre-sales team to deliver proposals
- BA to go through the documents shared by the client and arrange requirement discussions with client. Prepare Questions Tracker with questions that needs clarifications from the client
- If need be, perform functional comparative analysis of similar products in the market – during the process of questions tracker prep work and feature list preparation.
- BA to discuss the summary and prepare a summary and detailed business process workflow (if applicable).
- BA to prepare the feature list and share it with the client.
- BA team to discuss the feature list and prioritize the features within the feature list in discussion with client and add in Product Backlog as user stories. User stories should be detailed and should adhere to the user story rules.
- BA to prepare the Traceability matrix by mapping the feature list with the screen designs and the user story document (Confluence). Create a plan for the User story delivery.
- BA to setup a requirement elaboration sprint/ meeting / grooming meeting which shall include client PO, PM, BAs and UI Designers.
- Prepare a list of the UI screens to be prepared for the project. Communicate with the Design team for getting the designs of the screens. Sit with the UI team to create the initial screen wireframe and designs. Review the designs shared by the UI team. Conduct UI walkthrough to the client.
- BA to review the user stories/wireframes with client/PO.
- Discuss with the Dev team in preparing the following:
- DB Designs – BA to help development teams with DB Designs (with business requirements)
- API designs – Assist the dev team to identify the APIs.
- In case of any CR, keep CR tracker. Identify the impact areas and suggest the solution. Create Impact document, if required. Update all the impact document and keep the docs up-to-date.
Any Additional Information/Specifics
– Participate in the full product development cycle, including brainstorming, release planning and estimation, implementing and iterating on code, coordinating with internal and external clients, MVP and production releases, quality assurance, and product support.
– Highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment
– Comfortable with proactive outward communication, leadership and positive about accepting challenges.