QA Engineer/ Sr. QA Engineer
Experience: 3+ Yrs
Work Location: Trivandrum
- Should be able to take ownership of the application. Should be able to handle the QA of a project independently if needed. Sometimes only one resource will be sufficient to do QA of a project.
- Strong SQL is needed for the resource to handle the validation of data patches and SQL reports.
- Should have experienced validating complex systems. The resource should be capable of handling billing and integrations.
- Should be experienced in testing using SOAP UI and POSTMAN.
- Insurance experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Review requirements to ensure that they are stated correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Define Test Plan including test methodologies & test estimation for new requirements/ enhancements to determine whether the software performs accurately and reliably as per the requirement as well as complying with the established standards.
- Test Scenario preparation considering all the direct, indirect, positive, negative, edge case & business breaking scenarios.
- Creating & executing System & Regression test cases and Functionality Checklist preparation based on requirements.
- Familiar with Test reporting: Interim & Final test report preparation and Defect list preparation & consolidation.
- Independently handle the test activities for a module/ feature from requirements discussion to reporting the test results and then follow-up till closure.
- Self-learn the existing application/ domain with minimal hand-holding. Support in terms of training, discussions will be provided.
- Consult with the development team to evaluate system interface requirements, operational requirements, and performance requirements of the system.
- Identify the Corrective & Preventive action by performing root cause analysis of defects which has been slipped off the QA cycle, thereby preventing them in further cycles
- Prior experience working with a US client is desirable.
- Test Automation using selenium is desirable.
- Willingness to travel to the US if the need arises for training & discussions is desirable.
- Proactive, self-motivated & a very good team player.