Job Title: Lead Engineer – Business Intelligence
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Kochi
Salary: As per company standards
- 8+ years of relevant hands on experience in developing and implementing projects related to Business Intelligence in large organizations along with experience in relational databases, SQL, NoSQL, data modelling.
- Knowledge of BI Architectures, including design patterns for Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Operational Data Stores, Analytics
- Experience in identifying and recommending process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for the business team (client).
- Deep Experience in data modelling, data analysis, relational database design, conceptual and logical models, physical data design and dealing with large, complex datasets.
- Strong background in SQL Server development, with proficiency in Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), stored procedure development and triggers
- Advanced data analysis skills including advanced SQL query capabilities
- Strong Experience with reporting solutions / visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI etc.
- Exposure to cloud computing (AWS, Azure) and Big Data stacks
- Experience in working closely with client stakeholders to develop innovative technical solutions for business cases using various BI tools like Power BI, Azure Data Lake, etc.
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j.
- Hands-on experience in working with major databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Experience with HTML 5, JSON, Web API, Web Services essential
- Experience with MongoDB or other document databases, WCF, WPF, VBA and SharePoint would be a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for major BI projects or common shareable reports across several projects
- Authors, reviews and approves information, requirements and specification to design and develop solutions for multiple enterprise applications
- Coaches and mentors both technical and business staff on information solutions
- Finds and implements strategic & innovative solutions
- Actively researches and develops new knowledge and collaborates on solutions
- Deploys innovative approaches to domain optimizations and anticipates domain requirements and business needs
- Mentor and Lead a team of BI developers and senior developers
- Schedule assign tasks to the team and track to completion
- Co-ordinate with onsite team for end to end project implementation
- Produce high quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline.
- Provide thought leadership and technical guidance to engineering staff.
- Support with hiring new contractors and employees, where applicable
- Manage the training and development of staff members to develop their skills and maintain industry-leading knowledge in their areas of responsibility
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Data Virtualization (Tableau, Qlik, Micorsoft BI, Spotfire)
- Database (Oracle, Sql Server, Postgres, DB2, MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB)
- ETL/Analysis Tools (MS SSIS, SSRS, SSAR, Informatica)
- Data Modeling (Erwin)
- Programming Language (Python, Java, Ruby, Pearl)
- Operating Systems (Windows, Unix/Linux)
- Project Management Tools (Jira, Basecamp, GIThub, SVN)
- Excellent English language communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to facilitate change management with teams.
- Experience in the full project delivery life cycles
- Good team player