Experience: 6 – 10 years
Job purpose : A Lead-level position responsible in handling single or multiple projects independently.
Mandatory skills: Business Analysis, RETL, Ecom
Job Description / Duties and Responsibilities
As a Lead Business Analyst, you will understand business problems and opportunities within the project(s) in the
context of the requirements and recommend solutions. You will work as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit,
analyze, communicate, and validate requirements.
Job Specification / Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills – Should be able to interface with the client, discuss business requirements
with different stakeholders of the project. Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal
- Analysis Skills – Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. Should be able to analyze business
problems faced by the client and suggest solutions for the problem. Ability to go into details, and extract very
specific details regarding functional requirements.
a. Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating
output requirements and formats.
b. Designs new business workflows by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and
diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
c. Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
d. Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Documentation Skill – Should be an expert in documenting the requirements gathered from the client in a
detailed manner. Essential to have knowledge in preparing business process flowcharts using tools.
Knowledge in preparing Functional, Business and System Requirement Specification documentation.
Knowledge in creating wireframes using prototyping or wireframing tools are important.
- Capability to interface with Software Development, Quality Control / Testing, UI design teams to cover all
aspects in the Requirement Specification Documentation.
- Testing Skill – Experience in preparation of Business Scenario Test Cases and actual manual testing of
business applications. Must have managed User Acceptance Testing and taken a system live.
- Client Testing Assistance– Should be able to perform the User Acceptance testing assistance.
- Working knowledge on Database management systems. Ability to write queries and work with the back-end
- Basic Technical knowledge about IT applications is desirable.
- Experience in developing user documentation, providing business support and in training users. Should have
good presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Ability to lead discovery phases / requirement analysis phases with clients. Should be capable of leading a
small team of Business Analysts.
- Ability to Travel to client sites (overseas/domestic) for short – medium duration (1 week to 2 months)
- Nice to have – Experience in working with mobile applications and Agile Development Model.
- Nice to have – Experience in Retail or Insuretec or Fintec domain