Experience: 8 – 10 years
Job purpose : Lead business analysis practice within projects and presales opportunities
Mandatory skills: Business Analysis, Hospitality POS
Job Description / Duties and Responsibilities
- Hospitality systems experience required, in-depth functional knowledge with Hospitality POS.
- Experience working on front and back-end business processes in a hospitality environment.
- Self-starter – ability to learn quickly and begin contributing with minimal on-boarding required.
- Excellent communication skills – Should be able to interface with the client, discuss business
requirements with different stakeholders of the project. Excellent client-facing and internal written
and verbal communication skills.
- Analysis Skills – Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Should be able to analyze business
problems faced by the client and suggest solutions for the problem. Ability to go into details and
extract very specific details regarding functional requirements.
a. Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information;
evaluating output requirements and formats.
b. Designs new business workflows by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts
and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
c. Improves systems by studying current practices, designing modifications.
d. Recommends controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
- Documentation Skill – Should be an expert in documenting the requirements gathered from the
client in a detailed manner. Essential to have knowledge in preparing business process flowcharts,
sequence and use case diagrams using tools. Knowledge in preparing Functional, Business and
System Requirement Specification documentation. Knowledge in creating wireframes using
prototyping or wireframing tools are important.
- Demonstrated successes in working with cross-functional teams.
- Work with business leaders to understand requirements, systems and engineering teams to
communicate and implement solutions as well as end users for UAT and feedback.
- Testing Skill – Experience in preparation of Business Scenario Test Cases and actual manual testing
of business applications. Must have managed User Acceptance Testing and taken a system live.
- Working knowledge on Database management systems. Ability to write queries and work with the
- Basic Technical knowledge about IT applications is desirable.
- Experience in developing user documentation, providing business support and in training users.
Should have good presentation skills.
- Ability to lead discovery phases / requirement analysis phases with clients. Should be capable of
leading a small team of Business Analysts.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and/or tasks.
- Willing to travel to client sites (overseas/domestic) for short – medium duration (1 week to 2
- Experience in working with Agile Development methodology.
- Nice to have – Experience in Retail domain.
- Experience with mobility and digital distribution desired.