DevOps Engineer – DTS
Experience: 3+ Years
Experion Technologies is looking for a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer with a system engineering and development background along-with hands-on experience in public cloud platforms, to join our growing team of Cloud and CI/CD Practice.
As a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring automation of daily tasks and be proficient in procedure and process documentation. In the role of Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- 3 or more years of experience in handling scalable production ready solution on AWS and/or Azure. Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Digital Ocean would be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge in managing core resources such as Amazon EC2, RDS, Elastic Load Balancers, S3, CloudFront NGINX, HAProxy, Apache etc.
- Experience configuring and managing monitoring solutions using CloudWatch, NewRelic, Monit, DataDog etc.
- Experienced in infrastructure procurement using AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager Templates, HashiCorp’s Terraform etc. Knowledge on Chef and Puppet is highly desirable.
- Ability to script operations using Shell, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience automating pipelines by using continuous delivery tools including Jenkins, Team City, Bamboo, CircleCI, TravisCI etc.
- Knowledge on deploying production grade microservice workloads using Docker, Docker Swarm, AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of Web Security and handle security for production ready workloads.
- Experienced in cloud capacity planning and optimizing for cost, performance and user experience.
- Ability to configure backups and strategize data recovery to restore the services. Work with team to do retrospectives to update customers and prevent them in future.
- Solid understanding of distributed multi-tier architectures is essential
- Quick learner of cloud platform offerings to manage the workloads.
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Good working knowledge in administering Linux distributions and network configuration.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
Duties and responsibilities
- Deploy, manage and provide end to end support on Cloud, CI/CD tool chains
- Analyse system/application resource usage/profile code to identify performance issues
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Run the retrospectives on security incidents or unforeseen issues and document them well.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to provide high-quality, maintainable software that meets business and technology needs
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve upon the development and build capabilities in the team
- Work across multiple teams and departments
- Participate in feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
- 3+ years of software development, operations experience deploying and maintaining multi-tiered infrastructure and applications
- 3+ years of experience in public cloud services like AWS and/or Microsoft Azure and hands-on exposure to Jenkins and Docker, a must.
The job requires the person to work extended night shifts ( US day time ) to provide any support to customers. Candidate should be flexible enough to switch shifts as required.