Experience: 7 – 10 years
Job purpose : Lead – Business Development
Mandatory skills: Experience in presales including owning entire proposal lifecycle, Good Detailing & Analytics skills, Excellent verbal and written communication, Ability to create scripts for presenting solutions/proposals, Expertise in Business Development.
Job Specification / Skillset
- MBA and Bachelor of Technology/Science/Commerce
- 7-10 years of experience in software services industry
- Experience in presales management and own entire proposal lifecycle from RFP initiation to Response
submission to Solution defense
- Experience in working with delivery and functional teams to translate client requirement into value
propositions and business solutions
- Ability to craft proposals that aligns to client’s requirement and business objectives
- Participate in meetings to understand client’s objectives, construct sales pitch and outline entry strategies
- Experience in collaborating with marketing and delivery teams to create project case studies, blogs, thought
leadership articles etc.
- Good presentation skills to create effective story lines and articulate business value to customers
- Experience in working with UI/UX/Visual design team to create artifacts with good visual aesthetic value
- Analysis Skills – Natural interest to analysis and problem-solving. Should be able to analyze business
problems faced by the client and suggest solutions.
- Explore business development ideas by analyzing industry events, news, publications, and announcements.
- Willingness to Travel to client sites (overseas/domestic) for short – medium duration (1 week to 2 months)
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with client
- Experience in Transportation, Logistics, Construction and Property Management domains
- Adequate technical exposure to understand modern web/mobile application development along with
ability to visualize and understand data structures.
- Familiarity with GIS applications
- Ability to participate in community events for the respective domains. Show leadership in organizing
community within the organization in these domains.
Job Description / Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordination and management of new Business Opportunities: Bid process management, Coordination
with internal technical & management team with the aim of leading the bid management process and
overall management of proposals to prospects.
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone to foster and develop relationships with them.
- Understand the needs of customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think and work strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives to develop and
improve the business
- Devise and execute strategies to develop the business sales and marketing strategy
- Work with sales team to propose solutions to potential customers.
- Work with the marketing team to create project case studies, blogs, website content etc.
- Study and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers,
partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Have a good understanding of the services and be able to advise others about them
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the industry.
- Carry out sales forecasts, analysis and present findings to senior management
- Identify and coordinate certification plans in domain and technology that can aid in the business
Any Additional Information/Specifics
- Participate in the full business development cycle
- Highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication, leadership and positive about accepting challenges.