The client is a subsidiary of an international group catering to the FMCG (CPG) market in India and is among one of the fastest growing food companies here. At present, they cater to the needs of end users and industries through a wide array of food categories like edible oils & fats, premium ice-creams, bakery ingredients & fats; with more categories expected soon.
Ever since their inception, the client has been fueling market growth in the product categories it has entered, also propelled by strong consumer insights, world class R&D and a highly motivated team. The client is a pioneer in providing tasty, yet healthy food choices. The client is the owner of world-class brands which enthuses the consumers with its impeccable qualities and adds value to their lives.
The client sales team were using traditional methodologies for carrying out everyday sales operational activities. This coupled with the client’s huge retailer base throughout India meant that the client had little “real-time” insight into the Indian market.
Some of their key pain areas were real time insight into market situations, asset tracking and management (they had to distribute a sizeable number of ice cream freezers at dealer locations), automation of sales team roster and BI
Experion’s team of business analysts had very long and productive meetings with the client and documented all their pain points. As we understood the problem, the team recommended the implementing a mobile solution that we had specifically designed for retail sales, along with the Asset Management functionality as part of the package.
- Insight into Secondary Sales and Stock Tracking – The solution enables backend manager to set MBQ (minimum business quantity) level for individual products/SKU. This enables the field user to capture stock position at the retail level and thereby calculate shelf stock movement and tertiary sales.
- Asset Tracking and Management – The solution was integrated with an additional module for Asset Tracking. The Asset Tracker would work in tandem with the main solution to track the client assets onsite. An additional feature that was welcome was the use of images. A sales executive was also given the option to take pictures of the asset at the time of inspection. This allowed the company to track asset status accurately.
- Automate Sales Team Roster – The solution also has a feature which would allow the immediate manager of the sales executive to track actions in the field. If a sales person is not working on a day, the system notifies their manager and then suggest allocating parts of their routes to others automatically. This has helped our client reduce a lot of needless paperwork and improved work efficiency.
- Real-time Market Analytics – We enabled the management team to gain real time analytics by using an Office version (desktop) of the solution in addition to the mobile version. Real time analytics enabled management to plan their inventory smartly.
The implementation had a positive impact on the client’s business operations and led to,
- 20% increase in salesforce productivity was observed after implementing the solution.
- 33% visible enhancement in delivery timelines has been recorded
- 50% reduction in back office efforts
- 35% lowering of order to delivery timelines.