Based in the US, the client is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the hospitality domain. Their core solution is a unique AI-powered training platform designed to improve salesperson performance. The solution is used by some of the world’s largest leisure and hospitality businesses.
During their initial days, the client’s core solution could not be made live for various reasons. There were challenges in scaling the team to accelerate development and maintaining a tight rein over quality. At this stage, the client started looking for an experienced and reliable IT partner to take over existing development and maintenance needs. They also needed access to a broader set of technology skillsets that would help to trim down on future maintenance/development expenses.
Experion was a natural fit in terms of having the right technology skills as well as a sizeable team, who could accommodate quick scaling up to meet any spur in market demand. With the right development processes and subsequent cost savings, the desired RoI also seemed achievable for the client.
Project Initiation & Way Forward
A discovery phase was initiated, and the findings presented to the client. A detailed plan was put in place to address key concerns. Code clean-up was initiated, along with issue resolution. The product went through stringent testing to remove nagging issues. Critical/key product features were implemented well before market launch. In addition, infrastructure support was provided to manage and monitor the application. As the engagement progressed, Experion was entrusted with ownership of end-to-end IT support for the client.
Challenges faced, and solution provided
One of the key challenges before Experion was to take over the source code developed by a third-party. With no documentation available and very limited support, this challenge was overcome by adopting a systematic approach along with the right processes. Code non-compliance was tackled with a thorough scrutiny and cleanup followed by code refactoring where needed. A shorter timeframe for implementation was tackled using relevant processes that which provided complete transparency on development efforts. Stringent adherence to quality was adopted all through the development cycle.
- Client successfully completed market launch with continuous support from Experion
- New customers were on-boarded successfully, with plenty of positive feedback since go-live
- A seamless transition from another vendor, made possible by systematic project takeover
- Effective monitoring/management of offshore operations led by processes/tools deployed
- Predictability of software operations resulted from the use of processes and tools
- Product roadmap timelines brought on track, allowing the client to aggressively pursue growth plans
- Addition of skillsets such as AI, AWS Infra Monitoring, .NET Architects, Performance & Automated Testing
- Experion took ownership of the product roadmap as well as maintenance & support, allowing the client to focus 100% on their core business