Being a mobile software solutions provider focussing on business applications, Java ME (previously J2ME) is one of the key platforms that Experion is involved with in developing enterprise mobile applications. Experion has developed a handful of Java ME mobile applications, custom built to suit the specific business requirements of clients. As Java ME is a cross platform technology, mobile applications developed on the platform works on all Java/ MIDP supported devices, including feature phones and smart phones.
- MIDP1.0 and MIDP2.0 development
- Original, full-screen and resizable interface design
- Mobile Media API (JSR-135) to control camera, microphone, network connection and other mobile phone multimedia components
- Wireless Messaging API (JSR-120) for SMS communications
- HTTP Connections for phone-to-server communications
- J2ME Web Services APIs
- User interface – lcdui, lwuit
- Programming Tools: Eclipse, Netbeans
Experion's flagship product - FieldMax, a Java ME based mobile order management solution, was showcased by Oracle at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2011, in Barcelona, Spain.
Experion has presented two technical papers in the JavaOne 2011 conference held in San Francisco, California, on usage of Java ME in business applications.
- Memory-Optimizing Java ME Applications
- Mobile-Enabling the Enterprise Workforce: Harnessing the Power of Java ME
Experion is also featured under the “Java in the Spotlight” section of Oracle’s website, for its innovative use of Java ME for developing enterprise mobile solutions.